The second release of the European Union's Import Control System 2 (ICS2). As of March 1st, many airlines have implemented a “soft launch” of a new customs security and safety program requiring electronic data for a pre-loading risk assessment of air cargo entering or transiting the European market.
The new requirement applies to all goods shipped by air into the EU, Northern Ireland, Norway and Switzerland, regardless of the value. The following compulsory details must be made available for each item being shipped:
- A minimum six-digit Harmonized System (HS) code
- An accurate goods description
- The final consignee's EORI number (for shipments going into EU countries, Northern Ireland, Norway, or Switzerland)
To help you prepare and avoid unexpected disruptions and extra costs, we highly recommend you promptly take the following necessary actions:
- Classify all your goods with the correct 6-digit HS code
- Provide a detailed description of the goods
- Reach out to your consignees in the applicable areas and include their EORI number in your documentation
Although many airlines have implemented these procedures, they are not fully enforcing this requirement until the actual release date of October 01, 2023. However, to avoid any possible delays, we strongly advise that all shippers adhere to these requirements with immediate effect.
Should you have any questions please reach out to our compliance team at firstname.lastname@example.org.